Liz's Raspberry Pavlova
225g castor sugar
4 egg whites
1tsp. vanilla essence
2 level tsps. cornflour
275ml double cream
2 tins raspberries or a packet of frozen raspberries
Fresh raspberries for decoration
1. Pre- heat oven to 150C/130C (Fan), Gas 2.
2. Draw a 20 cm circle on non- stick (silicone) paper and place on a baking sheet.
3. Whisk egg whites until stiff and standing in peaks.
Continue whisking, gradually adding the sugar until very stiff. Beat in vanilla, cornflour and vinegar.
4. Spread the mixture over the circle, piling up around the edges to form a case. Use a skewer to make little swirls around the edge.
5. Place in oven and immediately turn down oven to 140C/120C (Fan), Gas 1, and leave it to cook for an hour. Then turn oven off and leave it inside until completely cold to dry out. It should be crisp and golden-brown on the outside and soft inside.
6. To serve, remove paper and place raspberries in centre.Top with whipped cream and decorate .